Sunday 8 September 2013

Sunday Short: Banana Icecream

I don't know what the weather has been like where you are, but this weekend has been gorgeous after the sudden change to Autumn towards the end of last week.  

I live in an apartment with a lot of glass in place of walls, so I technically live in a greenhouse when it is sunny.  I've also been aware that over the last few weeks I have more than indulged in the BBQs and extended meals in the Sun that I have been enjoying, so I have been eating a bit of this over the weekend to have the best of Summer eating without feeling guilty: Banana ice-cream.

One of the best aspects of this recipe is that you can have the ingredients ready in advance and when you feel like it, made within minutes.  All you need is a banana and a blender.

I go with the ratio of 1 banana per serving as I eat as a snack, but you may prefer a ratio of around 2 bananas per person.  Chop your bananas into slices and freeze in a freezer-safe container.  You can do this days in advance if you are organised, but they will need around 2-3 hours if you are wanting to eat the same day:
Once frozen, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for around 5-10 minutes [the time it takes to get a blender set up, if you are me].  Pour into the blender and whizz away.  The banana will change from slices to resemble a breadcrumb texture - give it a quick mix and then blend further until the consistency is smooth and soft-scoop:
Transfer to a bowl and voila.  So easy and wish I'd known about this earlier.
It's rich, not too overwhelming in flavour and pretty yummy.  No guilt - perfect.
Hope you've had a great weekend x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig