Saturday 9 December 2017

DIY Christmas | Easy Calligraphy Baubles

The easiest way to achieve a calligraphy-style personalised bauble in minutes!



| WHAT YOU NEED |

| HOW YOU MAKE THEM |

I've made personalised baubles before [DIY here] but todays DIY is a slightly different version for a decoration that also makes a great gift, place setting or present tag - and not just for Christmas!  Also - they take minutes to make!
I have seen some beautiful personalised baubles in gorgeous calligraphy and I wanted to achieve the look myself.  I had plans to do this in a few ways [and will try them on other projects], but when I found this pack of thickers from HobbyCraft, a much quicker and easier solution was found!
Next, add your choice of filling to the bauble before sealing closed:

I used eucalyptus, as it has pretty much become my decoration of choice this year.

As their name suggest, thickers stand out - and in this case, I felt a little too much.  I didn't like the thick white foam border:
With a gold pen, I coloured in the foam easily [it may help to peel off the stickers to prevent the bauble from being marked] and felt it improved the overall look.
I used plastic clear baubles for this DIY, but any bauble will do - this is a great idea for up-styling old baubles too [this other glitter glue DIY and nail varnish DIY might interest you too]!

UPDATE: Some stickers may not stay in place in the long term - if this is the case, or concerns you, add glue to the sticker after you are happy with the placement of the letters.


P.S - If you do want to have a go at writing directly on to your baubles - whether you are great at calligraphy, are able to adapt handwriting to achieve the same look, this DIY might be helpful.
If you use clear baubles, you can also write on to paper and then place this inside to trace over on the outside.
Share:

31 comments

  1. Great Post and his bowl is looking so decent and unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. don't have words to describe the awesomeness of you blogs articles. freelance web developers UAE it is just so wonderful and the content is easy to understand and It was very useful for me. thanks a lot. I appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's an amazing article and well written thanks for share it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is astonishing! I Love that there are various classifications as well. Much obliged to you! I'm somewhat fixated on cardigans this year, sooo comfortable thus flexible.
    Evaporative Air Cooler Supplier

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words to describe the awesomeness of you blogs articles.I searched a different blog but i found the beautiful blog please write a one blog on Fast Custom Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for Digital marketing Agency Dubai UAE


    Digital marketing Agency

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfume boxes with time have become the fundamental piece of the style and make up industry. Their change from eau de toilette to packaged fragrances have been a significant change. These items are of unadulterated magnificence and fragile energies, alongside such affectability that these scented jugs should be put away in a dynamite tweaked bundling that precisely matches to the details of the actual item.

    ReplyDelete
  9. //susikochenundbacken.blogspot.com/2010/04/lemon-meringue-cupcakes.html
    //bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2014/12/merry-christmas-and-1-minute-christmas.html
    //lovinsoap.com/2018/07/unicorn-horn-salt-bars-cold-process-soap-sea-salt-with-video/
    //simplysuzannes.blogspot.com/2017/01/chocolate-fridge-cake.html
    //shadytreediary.blogspot.com/2011/05/hairbands-unite.html
    //movingsmartblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-slow-can-you-go.html
    //misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com/2020/10/a-little-preorder-giveaway.html
    //www.mrscienceshow.com/2017/03/cricket-teams-and-efficient-frontier.html
    //thethingsshemakes.blogspot.com/2017/12/diy-christmas-easy-calligraphy-baubles.html
    //gadgetblaze.blogspot.com/2016/02/raspberry-pi-3-gets-64-bit-chip-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. creative blog post. Thanks for sharing.I really love the work. I will try this definitely.
    Best Web designing company in Hyderabad
    Best Web development company in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get the top cash for your old and unwanted car today at the same time as you can get up to $15000 Cash for your cars removal in Brisbane, Logan, Toowoomba, Ipswich. With over years of experience, we are Sydney’s leading top dollar car removers who pay cash for cars on the spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to make a calligraphy on Christmas. I can make it from your post. As like, if you want to grow your business, you can get the Digital Marketing Services USA and get more details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m much pleased with your good work. you have good knowledge for article writing and this article is amazing. I am waiting for your next article…. Thank you so much
    friendship picture frames

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish you all the best for upcoming comments. I am also wanted to write blog kindly guide me if my topic is urea fertilizer supplier then what should I do first and how will I create new and unique content on this topic

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm very happy with your excellent work. This content is fantastic and you have great article writing skills. I'm eagerly awaiting your next essay. Thank you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Shop Men and Women The Original Berf of Chicagoland T-Shirt

    ReplyDelete
  17. With a gold pen, I coloured in the foam easily [it may help to peel off the stickers to prevent the bauble from being marked] and felt it improved the overall look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually quite helpful data accessible here, Thanks This is very interesting article

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing this post. I am really impressed with your writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're great on this, Thank you for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey there! Great information here on this post. Continue writing like this

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very well post and All the things are great define. Love to visit your site again
    Niles Garden Circus

    ReplyDelete
  23. I appreciate you providing this content. You're very good at this. ladies needlecord dresses

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  25. My incredibly long internet look up has at the end been rewarded with reliable insight to share with my good friends

    ReplyDelete
  26. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been reading this blog for several months and also I am very happy to get many entries from this blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really very beneficial tips are provided here and, Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Reading your blogs is very appreciated. Should you require assistance, I offer services that will make your work easier. mini espresso machine

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig