Saturday 29 June 2013

Pimms and Lemonade Sorbet

If I'm not drinking it, I'm eating it.

What I Used:
made around 4-6 servings
200ml Pimms
150ml Lemonade
200g Caster Sugar
300ml Water

I've never made sorbet before, but I always thought it to be a healthier alternative to icecream.  It's only when you make things from scratch and for yourself that you can realise just how wrong you are.  Sorbet is frozen syrup and is easy peasy to make with pretty minimal effort.  Once you have the quantities that you like figured out, you can substitute for any flavours you want and the sorbet world is your oyster.  High Five.

To start, I added the caster sugar to my water and brought to a simmer, stirring occasionally until they formed a syrup and the sugar and water were fully combined:
I then brought to a boil, stirring continuously to thicken the mixture for around 5-10 minutes.  Removing from the heat, I added my Pimms and Lemonade.  I went for strong Pimms.  If I was going to do it, I thought I may as well go for it - but make up the 350ml with the ratio that suits your taste.
Stir well and allow to cool, transferring to a freezable container with a lid:
I put this in overnight and checked on it and gave it a stir just to be cautious, but I don't think you 
really need to worry about this.  When frozen, it will look a little like this.  Really easy to spoon 
out immediately and still with a slightly syrupy texture:
I added to a small tumbler with a little chopped strawberry to make up for the very little effort 
made in actually making the sorbet:
I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and will definitely make this again - I'm trying grape sorbet next, so I'll let you know how that does/does not work.  If you're watching, enjoy Wimbledon this weekend - it's been an amazing opening week!  Come on, Andy!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig