Saturday 1 February 2014

Mini Glitter Banner Garland Wrapping Ribbons


I wasn't entirely sure of what to call these, so I named this post all the words instead.
Today, I'm making mini garlands from glitter cardstock to pretty up a whole range of things, from walls to candle holders, cake toppers to wrapping paper.  They are simple, easy to make and you can have a whole stash made up and at the ready.

It started with a book of glitter card in gold hues from Hobby Craft and ended with a bargain pack of multi coloured glitter card from Sainsburys: 
The whole process was made even easier by dusting off my old Sizzix machine to cut the shapes for me:
You can easily create your own templates and cut your own shapes with scissors, but there is something theraputic about stamping with die cuts and I used to spend much time making felt creations using my Sizzix, so it was nice to start using it again and not have to think too much about what I was doing:
A few threads or ribbons and you can have a never ending supply of pretty garlands to decorate with.  Here are a couple of ideas of what you can do with them:
[how annoying is that heart that wont stand in line properly?!]
[feather arrows can be found here]
Have a great weekend and see you next time x
Share:

2 comments

  1. I adore this! And I'm envious of your die cutting machine.

    Also, is your house completely covered in glitter?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I managed to get it years ago for a steal on eBay - not the lightest version, but I love it!
      ....there is a definite constant 'sparkle' to my carpet and soft furnishings! :)

      Delete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig