Monday 8 June 2015

How To Make an Origami Boat Accessory




With so much of my craft stash in storage, it's been a good excuse to try some ideas on my list that go back to basics and today I am sharing a quick and easy origami storage/accessory idea that needs nothing more than a sheet of a4 card: paper boat.


What I Used:
Plastic Coated Glitter Card
Paper / Ruler / Pencil


I used this tutorial to make my boat and understand how each fold worked.
To make the process easier, I created my boat from paper, which I could then unfold and use as my template.  My weapon of choice for this DIY was plastic coated glitter card [last used in this Ultimate Bows DIY] as it would allow me to make the folds, hold it's shape and the weight of my accessories and........glitter:
I placed the unfolded paper on top of the plastic coated card and using a pencil, pressed to mark
 every point where the folds met.  Removing the paper template, I then joined up the marks with a
 ruler and made sure the template was reflected on the card:
Once completed, I then used scissors to score over each line - not applying too much pressure [you don't want to cut through the card] and then rubbed out the pencil marks:
Follow the paper boat instructions and you'll find the folds much easier to make with the scored lines.  As each fold is made, make the fold crisp by pressing it down with a ruler:
...and your boat is ready for cargo:
Whether for keys:
...or jewellery and accessories:
see you next time x


P.S: How To Make A Stand For Your Boat

If you find that you prefer the 'long boat' look to your origami [this makes the ability for your boat to stand on it's own much harder] you can make a quick and easy stand that will blend in with your boat:
Cut a small section of card



Push this in place through the fold at the bottom of your boat:
You can now attach the bottom of the stand to your table top to help strengthen the centre of the boat and help it stand straight, rather than at an angle [unless that's the look you're after].
Share:

8 comments

  1. Origami boat reminds me the childhood. The paper boat that we used to make during rains. I have made many origami boats even during kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this creative post. I liked it. by Cool Boat Accessories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the article. It is very much important to buy the best quality and tested water sports accessories as safety is very important.Checking the reviews of accessories is also a great way to ensure that you are buying the best products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review. but I can see your viewpoint. vaarbewijs kopen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exumas Boat Rental - Book now Exumas yacht charters, Exumas yacht rental, Exumas boat charters, and Exusmas boat rental from Yacht Bahama charters. It is a tiny Bahamian island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exumas Boat Rental - Book Exumas boat charters, Exumas boat rental at Yacht Charters Nassau. We are North Exumas's best boat charters. Exumas is the home to unique sights. Contact us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In this article understand the most important thing, the item will give you a keyword rich link a great useful website page: Black satta king

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wrote this blog very well. Very knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing this

    "Abacus Trainer provides the Best Online Abacus Classes in India. Best platform for Abacus Training program from certified teachers for Students & Tutors

    To know more about AbacusTrainer
    Visit:
    Online Abacus Classes!
    abacus for kids!

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig