Sunday 4 December 2016

DIY Christmas | Movie Quote Garland

Nothing says Christmas to me like a Home Alone quote.  Here's a DIY that lets you hang one from your mantle/on your wall.



| WHAT YOU NEED |

| HOW YOU MAKE IT |

This garland is really versatile and can be made from any number of materials: paper, card, plastic - or wood.  I used wooden letters as they are a little more substantial and hard wearing. You can also decorate them with paint, decoupage, spray - or sticky back plastic [marble version coming in the New Year!]

I also chose to make two garlands: 'Merry Christmas' for one, 'Ya Filthy Animal' for the second.
Peel the backing from your vinyl and firmly place the letters, wrong side down and ensure that there are no bubbles:
With a craft knife, trace around the shape to cut away the vinyl:
Continue around all of your letters - that is about as hard as this DIY goes.  Turn your letters around to measure the length of string you need:
and finally adding glue dots to the back to fix the string in place:
[I used glue dots as they were strong enough to hold the string in place, but would allow me to rearrange any uneven spaces or change the letter positions if they didn't look quite right when hanging].

Now, all thats left to do is display your garland
Fun, stylish and personalised - I'm now off to watch Home Alone and because I can't turn all my favourite Christmas movie quotes in to garlands, I have another idea coming your way next week!

Share:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the idea! Did something similar. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see! (you can email me at thethingsshemakes@yahoo.com)

      Delete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig